This page will contain the latest information regarding the COVID-19 situation for our church and provide you with communication and materials to keep you connected and in God's Word during this unique time. Our desire is to continue the ministry of FBC through whatever means are available and work hard for us all to stay connected in fellowship.
April 6, 2020
We are continuing to watch the situation and will keep you informed regarding the status of the campus closure. We have extended the timeline through (at least) April 12th. This means that our Easter worship services will be streamed online. Please watch as we will be producing special music to celebrate the day and hope that you all will be able to worship with us even through this time of separation. The Governor just announced that the schools will be closed for the remainder of the year. We do not know exactly what this will mean for our church and when the appropriate time to start meeting again on this campus will be. However, we will continue to provide online content on our website, Facebook page, Youtube page, and other contexts. If you haven’t already, please sign up to receive text messages by texting @viloniafbc to this number: 81010
March 19, 2020
Dear church family,
As we continue to pray and seek wisdom on our response to COVID-19, your staff and deacons have sought to balance our commitment to corporate worship and discipleship with our responsibility to be good neighbors and good citizens. We believe that the Bible’s clear guidance on using wisdom, considering the needs of others, caring for our neighbors, seeking the best for our communities, and subjection to governing authorities help us understand what decisions to make during these unusual times. Your church staff and deacons met on Wednesday night to pray, consider the latest guidance, and arrive at a decision on these next steps of response:
- We will continue to suspend all Sunday night & Wednesday night activities through Sunday, March 29th.
- We will NOT meet together on our church campus for Sunday School or Sunday morning worship on March 22nd and March 29th. We will hold a Sunday morning worship service at 11:00 a.m. that will be broadcast live through our church Facebook page. (www.facebook.com/firstbaptistvilonia)
We encourage you to stay in contact with one another through your Sunday School and Community networks. Please be especially mindful of those who may not have family nearby, are in a high-risk group, or who may not be as familiar with how to use online resources.
Please also remember to continue to support missions and ministry through faithful giving. At this time, the best way to give will be to continue to send a check, drop a check off at the church office, or utilize online payment methods offered by your local bank. We are also looking at other electronic giving methods that will be available in the future.
In addition, your church staff is working on additional ideas and resources to help us stay connected, study together, and minister to one another and to our community in the days ahead. Please check back with this page for future announcements and information.
If you have a personal need, have questions about how to connect with us online, or know of a ministry need or opportunity in the community, please let one of our pastors or deacons know so that we may respond. Thank you for being an incredible church family!
Remember Philippians 4:4-7: “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Here are a few important reminders:
Please update your contact information with the church office:
- E-mail address
- Cell phone (for texting)
- Home phone
- Call the church office at 501-796-2103
Here are the following ways that you can send your tithes/offerings:
- Mail your check to FBCV 1206 Main St. Vilonia, AR 72173
- Drop your offering off at the church office (Mon-Thurs 9am-4pm)
- Ask someone to deliver it for you
- Use your bank’s online bill-pay features. For most banks, you can access your account on the computer and have them send a one-time (or recurring) check to the church address.
- The ministry of FBC and its missionary partners will continue strong and we need you to keep giving as faithfully as you have always.
Connect with us through various social media and internet platforms:
- Our church Facebook page is the best way to receive information. Be sure to “like” our page to see our postings in your news feed. Even if you do not have your own Facebook page, you can go to: www.facebook.com/firstbaptistvilonia and watch our live stream worship services and other ministry content that we will post there.
- We also have a church Instagram account for you to connect: @firstbaptistvilonia
- Our church website is www.fbcvilonia.com. It is mainly designed for those new to the church, but we are creating special new pages and content for us all to stay connected together and in God’s Word during this unique time. Be listening for more information about this coming soon.
- This is a great time to utilize the content from RightNow Media. It is free to all of you. If you do not have an account simply text “RightNow Vilonia” to 41411 and it will send you a link to sign-up with our church account.
- PLEASE HELP those that you know of to connect with our digital content. We would love as much people as possible to watch and worship with us during our live stream on Sundays.
Remember to keep ministering as the church (we are not confined to a certain location):
- Yes, keep safe and maintain appropriate social distancing. However . . .
- Check on people in your immediate circles of influence – make calls, texts, or other ways of communication through distance.
- Find ways to serve: run errands for people who cannot get out, deliver meals, etc.
- Communicate a message of hope that comes only through Jesus Christ. This is a time of great fear and anxiety for many, but let us show the world how Christians live with joy despite whatever circumstances we experience.
Please let someone know if you have a need or you know of a need:
- Church address: 1206 Main St. Vilonia, AR 72173
- Church office phone: 501-796-2103
- Bro James Bell cell: 501-339-6166
- Bro Dan Kerr cell: 501-336-4542
- Bro Matthew Sisson: 501-504-4147
- Bro David Bond: 501-831-0223