As a result of changes to Arkansas Law Code 5-73-306(16)(B), First Baptist Church is required to specify our policy regarding the carry of handguns for members and guests that are on our church property.
1. No unauthorized carrying of any firearms is allowed on church property.
2. The Church must give permission to each individual desiring to carry a handgun on campus.
3. Only those who are legally permitted to carry a handgun will be permitted. This includes law enforcement personnel with proper credentials as well as individuals who have a current Concealed Handgun Carry License.
4. Having a Concealed Handgun Carry License does not automatically give permission for that individual to carry a concealed handgun on church property.
5. The responsibility to know and understand the most current version of this policy remains with the individual carrying the handgun.
6. Those individuals approved to carry will be directed to members of the Safety Team for acknowledgement of approval and coordination in the future event of an emergency.
Procedure for approval:
1. Submit a request form (found at the bottom of this page) in writing to the church office.
2. Each request must provide specific information regarding legal carry credentials.
3. Requests must be approved and filed before permission is given.
4. Submission of this request form does not constitute an approval.
We understand the current state of the world and want to provide a safe environment. We also support the constitutional right of each person to bear arms and provide a defense. However, we must approach the issue of safety and security with a proper balance. It is our belief that this policy will allow First Baptist Church to have a controlled and organized response to the potential threats that may come against us. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Click this link to download the request form: Click here